Macon Defective Product Lawyers
Fighting for Those Wrongfully Injured by Defective Products
Have you or a loved one been injured by a defective or unreasonably dangerous product? Defective products can occur in any industry and there are even times when manufacturers produce unreasonably unsafe products. When a defective or unreasonably unsafe product is being produced and causing injuries, you need someone to act as an advocate for you, the consumer, against these negligent manufacturers.
The Macon defective product attorneys at Adams Law Firm are on the side of injured victims and their families. Our legal team is not afraid of taking on the biggest defendants to recover maximum compensation for our clients in defective product cases. Whether injured by a defective electronic, tool, toy, vehicle, appliance, medical device, prescription medication, or other product, we are here for you.
Common Product Defects
Product defects are typically divided into three categories based on the source of the hazard:
- Design defects, which occur when the design of the product itself is flawed. This often leads to full product recalls.
- Manufacturing defects, which occur during the product’s construction process. Such defects may affect only one product or a few but may result in recalls as well.
- Marketing defects, which occur when the product is being promoted and sold to consumers. Marketing defects often take the form of “failure to warn” claims which result when a product is missing proper warning labels and/or instruction.
By consulting with a lawyer, you can receive assistance determining which party is responsible for your injuries so you can file a claim against them for maximum compensation.
Compensation for Defective Product Claims
In individual and class actions involving defective products, an injured or wronged consumer may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills related to their injury
- Ongoing medical treatment, if needed
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Product replacement
- Punitive damages
Reducing Your Risk
Everyday consumers can’t live their lives in contact paranoia, consumed by fear at the thought of using a product that may be defective or dangerous. Fortunately, there are easy steps you can take to reduce the risk of being injured by a defective product.
These steps include:
- Read and follow all product instructions carefully before use. Thoroughly review any owners’ manuals safety advice included with your purchase. If using medication, look over your prescription information and discuss potential side effects with your doctor.
- Check for recalls or fill out or mail in product registrations. Product recalls are listed online here and are updated regularly. When researching or purchasing something new, it never hurts to check if the product has been recalled recently or in the past. Additionally, some products come with free registration forms you can mail back to the company which will notify them to contact you should a recall be issued.
- Use common sense. Use products as they were intended. Wear safety equipment when operating machinery or using power tools. Inspect toys for small or sharp parts before giving them to a child.
If you are injured after using a product at no fault of your own, despite using it correctly and carefully, you can bring a lawsuit against the responsible party for damages. We can help.
Call Now for Aggressive Legal Representation
If you or someone you know has been injured by a product that has is defective or seems unreasonably dangerous, consult with an experienced defective product lawyer right away. The sooner you initiate your case the better as this will allow you to avoid missing any deadlines and will help you get paid sooner.
At Adams Law Firm, we understand the complexities of defective product claims. Please contact us to learn more about your legal rights and options during a free consultation.
Get the legal representation you deserve by contacting Adams Law Firm at (478) 845-1961 or online. We look forward to helping you secure fair and just compensation.